Uncle Bubba’s Seafood Pot Pie
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 lb medium peeled and deveined fresh shrimp
- 1 lb fresh bay scallops
- 1 (8 oz) container picked free of shell lump crabmeat
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly grease 4 (2-cup) oven safe bowls. Place bowls on a jelly roll pan.
In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, mushrooms and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in Creole seasoning, sherry and cheese. Stir in half and half, and cook 5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat and add shrimp, scallops and crab. Spoon into prepared dish.
Spoon the Drop Buttermilk Biscuits evenly over each casserole. Top with melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden.
Drop Buttermilk Biscuits:
In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, cornmeal, garlic powder and cheese. Stir in buttermilk just until dry ingredients are moistened.