Szechuan Chicken With Angel Hair Pasta
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 7 minutes
- Cook time: 7 minutes
- Servings: 7
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless, cut into strips chicken breasts
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs cut into florets broccoli crowns
- 1 cut into 1/2-inch strips red bell pepper
- 1 cut into 1/2-inch strips yellow bell pepper
- 12 green onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 juiced lime
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for pasta. Add pasta to boiling water, cook as directed on package and drain.
Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
Add the broccoli, bell peppers and green onions to the pan with chicken. Cook the vegetables, stirring constantly, until they are crisp-tender.
In a separate bowl, whisk together garlic, chili-garlic sauce, soy sauce, ginger, honey and the juice of 1 lime. Add to pan, along with the cooked pasta. Toss ingredients to coat with the sauce.