Spicy Basil Guacamole
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 3 medium ripe halved, pitted, peeled and chopped avocados
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 medium seeded and coarsely chopped tomato
- 1 juiced lime
- 1 juiced lemon
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon or to taste crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, mash 1 of the chopped avocados with a fork. Add the remaining chopped avocados, the garlic, tomatoes, lime juice, lemon juice, green onions, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, as needed, with crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, to taste.
If not serving immediately, sprinkle a bit of lemon juice over the top and cover put plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole surface. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Makes 2 1/2 cups.