Red Hot Sticky Wings
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 1/2 lbs cut at joings and wing tips removed chicken wings
- to taste Paula Deen's House Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tangy red barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced by 1/2 pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon optional crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- for frying peanut oil
- cut into sticks, for serving celery
- sliced, for serving red bell pepper
Preheat oven to 400 °F.
Lay the chicken wings out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with House Seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes.
Sauté the garlic in vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until softened and fragrant. Stir in barbecue sauce, reduced pomegranate juice, hot sauce and honey. Bring to a boil then lower and simmer for 15 minutes until thick. If using crushed red pepper flakes, add and cook 30 seconds more. Stir in butter until melted and smooth. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large Dutch oven to 350 °F.
Fry the baked wings for 10 minutes until golden and crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined sheet pan to drain.
Toss the fried wings in the red sauce to coat. Transfer to a platter and serve with celery sticks and red bell pepper slices.