New York Strip Steaks
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 20
- 1/2 cup plus oil for skillet olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon for sauce black pepper
- 6 (1 inch thick) boneless New York strip steaks
- 2 cups butter
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add steaks to bag. Press the air out of the bag, and seal tightly. Turn the bag several times to distribute the marinade; place the bag in a bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
Heat a large oiled skillet over medium-high heat.
Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade. Place 3 steaks in hot skillet; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to the desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks to a serving plate, and keep warm. Repeat process with remaining 3 steaks. Top each steak with 1 to 2 tablespoons Tarragon Melting Sauce.
Tarragon Melting Sauce:
In a bowl add butter, garlic, green onion, tarragon, parsley, sour cream, lemon zest, juice, mustard, 1 teaspoon pepper and salt, and mix until smooth. Cover, and refrigerate.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups