My Friend Flicker Pie
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 king sized (nougat topped with peanuts and caramel covered with milk chocolate) candy bars
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons half and half
- 4 cups plus more for garnish whipped topping
- for garnish chocolate syrup
Heat the oven to 350 °F.
To make crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press down into the bottom of a pie pan to form a crust and bake for about 8 minutes.
In the top of a double boiler, melt together candy bars, peanut butter, and half-and-half, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Fold in whipped topping, pour into crust, and freeze for 4 to 6 hours before serving. (For a richer pie, substitute 2 cups heavy cream, whipped with 1/2 cup sugar until stiff peaks form, in place of prepared whipped topping.)
When ready to serve, top with additional whipped topping and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Store in refrigerator.