Mini Macaroni Pies
- Cook time: 30-60 min
- Servings: 4
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers about 35 crackers
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese 10 ounces
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 4 1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni 8 ounces uncooked
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Lightly grease 8 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan.
In a bowl, combine the crackers, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, and the melted butter. Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups and press firmly in the bottom and up the sides of the cups.
In a large bowl, mix the macaroni with Â½ cup of the cheddar cheese. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sour cream, cold butter pieces, and salt. Stir the milk mixture into the macaroni.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of the macaroni mixture into each cracker crust and top with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and slightly crispy. Allow the pies to cool slightly before unmolding and serving warm.