Creamy Hash Brown Casserole
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 5
- 1/4 cup plus more for dish butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 oz) package shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (30 oz) package thawed frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly butter a casserole dish.
In a small skillet, melt 1/4 cup of butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Pour mixture into a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cream of celery soup, cheese, garlic powder, hash browns, and salt and pepper. Combine until well blended.
Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Top evenly with crushed potato chips and bake for 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.