Citrus Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 large peeled and cut into supremes pink grapefruit
- 2 peeled and cut into supremes oranges
- 2 peeled and sliced avocados
- 2 freshly squeezed lemons
- 4 cups washed and trimmed arugula
- 4 tablespoons Paula Deen Vidalia Onion Poppyseed Dressing
In a small bowl, place the peeled and sliced avocados and squeeze the lemon juice over them to prevent browning. On 4 plates, mound the arugula and divide the grapefruit and orange supremes among them. Top with avocado slices. Drizzle each plate with the dressing.
Cutting an orange supreme: Slice off the top and bottom 1/2″ of each orange, revealing the flesh. Cutting in sloping strips, use a sharp knife to remove the rest of the orange’s skin. Now cut the individual wedges apart into the bowl, leaving behind all pith. You’ÂÂre left with just beautiful pieces of orange flesh. Do the same for grapefruit.