Chicken and Rice Casserole
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (4 oz) jar pimentos
- 1 (8 oz) can drained and chopped water chestnuts
- 2 (14 1/2 oz) cans drained and rinsed green beans
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium peeled and diced onion
- 2 tablespoons or vegetable oil butter
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6 oz) box cooked according to package directions long grain wild rice
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Heat butter or oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined.
Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.