Buffalo Chicken Po Boys
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 8 (leftover or store-bought, crust removed if desired) chicken fingers
- 1/2 stick plus more for the bread butter
- 1/2 cup Paula Deen Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup (1/4 - 1/2 cup, to taste) mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 loaf cut into 4 equal pieces and partially split French bread
- 1 large (8 slices) tomato
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 thinly sliced, may substitute Bermuda onion red onion
- 4 or more, to taste pickle slices
Preheat oven to 350 º.
Place leftover chicken fingers on a sheet pan and place in oven for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and re-crisped. Transfer to a large bowl.
In a small saucepan, melt butter with hot sauce. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour the butter/hot sauce mixture over the chicken and toss to coat.
In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, mayonnaise and milk. Whisk until smooth.
Place 2 slices of tomato and a romaine leaf into the french bread. Next, place 2 chicken fingers inside the sandwich and drizzle with the creamy blue cheese.