Sometimes simpler is better. Labor Day celebrates the labor movement and is a tip of the hat to the achievements of American workers and is now a workingman’s holiday. So if you’re off this Labor Day and spending quality time with friends and family, take it easy and keep it classic for this Labor Day cookout menu.
Start It Off Right:
- South Georgia Caviar – South Georgia caviar isn’t real caviar. No, it’s a delicious mix of black-eyed peas and veggies tossed in Italian dressing.
- Ham and Pickle Pinwheel Appetizers – Talk about simple! With only three ingredients and a couple minutes to put these together, it really doesn’t get any easier than this.
- Tomato Sausage Tarts – This pretty appetizer is so simple and tasty. It looks a little fancy but hardly takes any time at all. Your secret is safe with us!
The Feature Presentation:
- Butter Bacon Burgers – You can’t go wrong with burgers at a cookout! Little pockets of butter in these burgers keep them so juicy and flavorful, and it’s topped off with a crispy strip of bacon.
- Midwestern-Style Beer Brats – And for every burger-lover, there’s a brat-lover. Keep everyone happy with these beer brats topped with bell peppers and onions.
On the Side:
- Cold Cucumber Salad – Light and crunchy, this cold cucumber salad is the perfect addition to your end-of-summer cookout.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob – Corn on the cob is a summer essential, but it’s even better when it’s grilled.
- Southern Baked Beans – No cookout is complete without southern baked beans. Skip the pre-made baked beans and make them yourself!
Rinse It Down:
- Lemonade – Lemonade is a simple classic. This refreshing lemonade will help you wash down all that yummy food.
- Banoffee Pie – Bananas, toffee, whipped cream, and a graham cracker crust make up a must-have dessert with which you can end your cookout on a high note.
Are you following our menu or do you have something else in mind? Let us know in the comments section!